Other languages

Forum home Register Login

Search the forum:  

10 years old girl day wetting at school

Number of views of this thread: 116

Return to Children and Young Adults with Incontinence forum

KL

Hi,
My daughter who is 10 years old have been a bladder problem more than a year. At first she only had bedwetting problem. But this year I found that she have smell everyday back home from school, she even wear legging and skorts together so I think it might for her accidents but she never tell me.
Teacher also mentioned to me that she went to toilet 7 times in ine afternoon but I have told her she definitely needs, but my daughter also feel embarrassed when she go to the toilet such a serveral times.
She is very small so I assume her bladder small too so probably the reason. But I sm so worry she had the other problems since we already took her to see a doctor, we used wobble watch, let her to wear dry pants if we go somewhere not too close to toilets.
She had blood urine a year ago but the doctor checked was just urine infection. 
I saw that you mentioned there are the other examations that can be done to make sure or avoid the other problem occured, may I know where can I check??
My daughter will also going to camp with school next 2 weeks. I notice that the toilet is outside the cabin if she needs during mid night, and I believed the toilet must be far away during the day time. I am wonder she might need to wear the drynites all day just in case an accident. Wondering is any other suggestion regarding my daughter issues.
Thank you.  

Yazzie

Dear KL, 

Welcome to the forum KL. I encourage you to call the National Continence Helpline to discuss your daughter’s issues in depth with a Continence Nurse Advisor. The phone number is a free call on 1800 33 00 66 and helpline is open 8.00 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday.

With your daughter’s school camp coming up soon, I would get her to use the pull ups day and night for containing any incontinence. This will allow your daughter to enjoy her camp and the experience will hopefully be a positive one. To get your daughter use to the pull ups I recommend that she wear them prior to her camp. This way she will be use to changing the pull ups in public toilets and know how to dispose of them correctly.

I hope this is of help. Cheers

Yazzie

Reply to this thread

Return to Children and Young Adults with Incontinence forum