Other languages

Funding schemes for continence products

Some people with bladder and bowel control problems find it necessary to use continence products such as pads, pants, uridomes, catheters, urine drainage bags or mattress protectors to manage the condition.  These continence products may be needed long-term, which can place pressure on the household budget.

There are different continence product funding schemes administered by the Australian Government and state/territory government departments. These schemes have different eligibility criteria and funding allocations. It is important to note that you could be eligible to apply for government funding through several schemes.

The National Continence Helpline (1800 33 00 66) or a continence clinic can provide you with contact details for suppliers of continence products. They can also provide you with information about your eligibility for funding schemes, which may assist with the ongoing costs of purchasing and replacing continence products.

A directory of product suppliers is also available on continence.org.au

If you need an interpreter, please call TIS National on 131 450 and ask them to call Continence Foundation of Australia on 1800 33 00 66. Our business hours are 8.00am-8.00pm AEST.

You can also visit the TIS National website for translated information about the service TIS National provides. Visit: www.tisnational.gov.au

Telephone interpreter services are provided free of charge to you.